Bollettino valanghe

Kananaskis

Dec 6 – 7, 2017Alberta Parks
Vedi sulla mappa
Archiviato · scaduto 9 years ago

Pericolo valanghe

Fri
Sat
Alta quota
3 · Marcato
Limite del bosco
2 · Moderato
Sotto il limite
1 · Debole

In sintesi

We are facing another warm spell tomorrow through Saturday. Snow stability is directly related to temperature. The danger ratings may change drastically and with little notice if the forecast holds true.

Problemi valanghivi

  • Wind Slabs

    • Alta quota
    • Limite del bosco
    • Sotto il limite del bosco
    Probabilità
    Possible
    Dimensione
    1–2
    If/when the temperatures rise, expect the windslabs to become touchier.
  • Persistent Slabs

    • Alta quota
    • Limite del bosco
    • Sotto il limite del bosco
    Probabilità
    Unlikely - Possible
    Dimensione
    2–3
    Depending on when the warm air arrives, this layer may "wake up" as the surface slabs absorb the heat and weaken. South aspects will be more prone to localized weakening. Pay attention to temps and expect rapidly changing conditions.
  • Loose Wet

    • Alta quota
    • Limite del bosco
    • Sotto il limite del bosco
    Probabilità
    Possible
    Dimensione
    1–2
    It is hard to say if this will be an actual problem. But it is easy to say it is should be on your radar. Steep south aspects would be the likely place to encounter them.

Snowpack Summary

Overnight alpine winds have continued to reverse load south aspects and strip the northwest sides. Windslabs are now on most aspects and extending below ridgelines. They are also found near the bottoms of large alpine cliffs. Treeline has seen little change as temperatures and winds have remained steady. At both elevations, the crusts are the main concern. However, limited avalanche activity suggests the crusts are still intact and generally well bonded. 

Confidence

High -

Weather Forecast

The big story is the warm weather coming our way. Starting tonight, we are expecting freezing levels to steadily rise. By midday tomorrow the freezing level is expected to reach 2900m. We are also going to see clear skies for the day. Expect some solar input to influence the snowpack. The winds will range from 20-40km/hr at ridge top. The temperatures will remain warm throughout thursday night.

Avalanche Summary

Nothing new today, but observations were limited.

Regioni coperte